Notes on Safety and Preparation:
Before getting into the details and procedures, let’s look at a few safety considerations. It’s never a bad idea to share this information with family members and teach everyone in your home about how & when to turn off the gas, electricity, and water. It can be as simple as clearly marking where the shut-off valves are, walking family members through the steps, and posting instructions close by for reference if you want to take it a step further.
Whether it be in the event of an emergency or a remodeling project, you may need to shut off the utility service at your home, and possibly in a hurry. Below are some general guidelines for shutting off utility services to your home. In some cases you will need to modify the information to reflect your shut off requirements at your home or as directed by your utility company.
Water Shut Off
Water generally comes into your home through a ¾ to 1.5 inch diameter water pipe that connects to a water main which usually runs under the street. This water pipe is usually pvc (plastic) pipe or steel and should be buried below the frost level to avoid freezing.
Step 1: Find the water shut off valve
The quickest way to locate the water shut off valve is to locate the water meter. In mild climates the meter is usually in a box located close to the street. In colder regions the meter can usually be found inside the house (locations vary) . Either way, you’ll find the shut-off valve on the water main side of the meter and there's often one on the house side as well. On a private system, it will be near where the line leaves the pressure tank...
For a full and comprehensive list of the remaining steps and instructions please download the full "Guide to Shutting Off Utilities".
With this fresh and informative 15 page PDF guide, you'll learn:
- How to shut off gas to your house
- How to shut off electricity to your house
- How to shut off water to your house
- How to turn gas, electricity, and water on to your house
- What to watch out for when turning utilities on and off
In addition to these detailed but easy to use procedures you'll also:
- Learn about and see examples of local plumbing shutoffs to help with localized projects and repairs
- Learn about circuit breakers and fuses along with what they're used for and what they look like
- Learn important fire safety information that can help you prepare for and save lives in an emergency
- Have instant access to download the digital Guide to Shutting Off Utilities right now
- Always have an easy to use quick guide for utility shutoffs for future use or emergencies
Click on the button below to instantly download your digital copy of the "Guide to Shutting Off Utilities" for $9.99.
Simply click the button above and complete the secure checkout through PayPal. Then click the link to return to my website and you'll be sent directly to the download page to instantly download your digital guide.
Don't waste valuable time and money on expensive electricians, plumbers, or gas company service calls when you can do it the right way yourself. Teach other family members how to shut off the gas, water, or electricity in case of an emergency. Save yourself time and money, download and keep this valuable guide handy.
Don't worry - if you're not satisfied with the guide, just let me know within 30 days and you'll get a full refund, no questions asked.